PDA

View Full Version : Doublelist

Jazminedress
Jul 7, 2023, 12:03 AM
Its funny, sometimes I log in and they want to charge, other times they dont, its almost like what day of the week it is

bikeracer13
Jul 7, 2023, 10:25 AM
i have the same thing happen to me

Lucky 61
Jul 7, 2023, 3:31 PM
Might be cookie settings on your browser.

Jozyxt
Jul 7, 2023, 10:37 PM
Has anyone else checked out Reddit. They have an all purpose hookup site for my city. I have been answering ads for a few weeks and finally got a response. I haven't put i an ad of my own yet but plan to when my travel schedule gets a bit better settled.

Jozyxt
Jul 7, 2023, 10:39 PM
Its funny, sometimes I log in and they want to charge, other times they dont, its almost like what day of the week it is

It is a very badly written site. It is ugly and looks terrible on mobile. I get that too, There usually is a way to close teh message. But it may not be obvious. I am seeing more premium ads. I hope they continue to make enough revenue to keep the site open.

Jazminedress
Jul 7, 2023, 11:50 PM
It is a very badly written site. It is ugly and looks terrible on mobile. I get that too, There usually is a way to close teh message. But it may not be obvious. I am seeing more premium ads. I hope they continue to make enough revenue to keep the site open.

me too

licyou69
Jul 11, 2023, 7:34 AM
After realizing it had been 3 months since I've gotten a single reply to an ad, I went ahead and paid for the lower tier and immediately started getting replies to my ads. They are clearly throttling the unpaid accounts

dowmass
Jul 11, 2023, 10:04 AM
After realizing it had been 3 months since I've gotten a single reply to an ad, I went ahead and paid for the lower tier and immediately started getting replies to my ads. They are clearly throttling the unpaid accounts

You mean DL is preventing replies to free account reaching the person posting? Just curious how many replies did you get?

Kysquire
Jul 11, 2023, 10:16 AM

I agree its an awkward site. I 50% of the time find my mail from responders on the site in my junk mail box. I have had MUCH better luck at the free site Sniffies. Lots of real time action, too.

dowmass
Jul 11, 2023, 12:17 PM

I think you are absolutely right. I used to get at least 10-15 replies. Now it?s down to zero. There?s nothing about my post that can cause this .

DL maybe preventing replies from reaching the poster. This might be to force them to pay for a paid subscription.
I don?t mind the $ just got to see if DL will take prepaid cards.

luv2suckuLA
Jul 11, 2023, 2:16 PM
I keep working the DL site, for both running ads and replying to ads. I have been getting lucky lately so it's worth the effort, but it really is work sometimes. It also depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for straight married guys that simply want to get non-recip head, and you can't host it's pretty spare pickins. If you offer car it's a little better but car can be awkward and somewhat dangerous.

querty
Jul 11, 2023, 3:12 PM
I havent used DL for a long time, like years. All I got were fakes and not as advertised (or even close) for the few guys I did meet. Every now and then I get an e-mail from there were someone has dug deep and came across my Ad. Maybe I'll go back and take a fresh look

I had my best luck, with both girls and guys on Tinder. Then one day I logged in and got the "YOU ARE BANNED FOREVER" message. I have no idea why. I wasn't fighting with anyone, I didn't have non Tinder contact info in my profile, only very vanilla Pictures, etc. Tinder provides a link or some such to request a review/reconsideration or to find out why. But at the time, it literally said 'you can write to us, but we will not respond, so don't bother'. And, they did not.

dowmass
Jul 11, 2023, 3:53 PM
I keep working the DL site, for both running ads and replying to ads. I have been getting lucky lately so it's worth the effort, but it really is work sometimes. It also depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for straight married guys that simply want to get non-recip head, and you can't host it's pretty spare pickins. If you offer car it's a little better but car can be awkward and somewhat dangerous.

Any idea if DL accepts prepaid credit cards? Couldn?t find any info on the net.
Car play is a strict no no for me. I?ve had folks say that they know of a place that?s safe, but who knows? In a public place, there?s no place safe from the prying eyes of cops. That?s just my opinion.

Jazminedress
Jul 11, 2023, 4:57 PM
Any idea if DL accepts prepaid credit cards? Couldn?t find any info on the net.
Car play is a strict no no for me. I?ve had folks say that they know of a place that?s safe, but who knows? In a public place, there?s no place safe from the prying eyes of cops. That?s just my opinion.

No place safe from the Karen culture anymore. Dont need a card on DL, just wait a day and the requirement seems to disappear

dowmass
Jul 11, 2023, 8:14 PM
No place safe from the Karen culture anymore. Dont need a card on DL, just wait a day and the requirement seems to disappear

I don?t know in what context you mentioned the ?Karen culture ?

As for credit cards on DL, the situation is a bit different. One can still post for free, but they seem to stop replies from reaching the poster. As another person said, paid ads seem don?t have that Problem. I used to get 10-12 replies but now I?d be lucky to get even 2. Sometimes I don?t get even ONE reply.

The content of the ad is the same as it used to be 1/2 years back.

licyou69
Jul 12, 2023, 8:12 AM
You mean DL is preventing replies to free account reaching the person posting? Just curious how many replies did you get?
I had 10 replies within a couple of days even though not being that active with ads. I can understand them throttling free accounts, but they should be upfront about it and should let you know if they're blocking all replies or only allowing a certain number of them. My opinion is people were replying to my ads but they weren't being allowed to get to my email from the DL servers.

dowmass
Jul 12, 2023, 10:23 AM
I had 10 replies within a couple of days even though not being that active with ads. I can understand them throttling free accounts, but they should be upfront about it and should let you know if they're blocking all replies or only allowing a certain number of them. My opinion is people were replying to my ads but they weren't being allowed to get to my email from the DL servers.

Businesses care two hoots about morality or ethics. I used to get 10-12 replies in the past (good and useless one). That has come to ZERO replies. Maybe DL is indeed throttling replies to free accounts. There?s precious little one can do.

Jazminedress
Jul 12, 2023, 10:38 AM
I don?t know in what context you mentioned the ?Karen culture ?

As for credit cards on DL, the situation is a bit different. One can still post for free, but they seem to stop replies from reaching the poster. As another person said, paid ads seem don?t have that Problem. I used to get 10-12 replies but now I?d be lucky to get even 2. Sometimes I don?t get even ONE reply.

The content of the ad is the same as it used to be 1/2 years back.

Karen culture, I mean the people who are on the look out for every car, every they dont recognize, or every person in their neighborhood they dont recognize and immediately start calling neighbors, police, posting on their social media boards................those people

My experience with DL has been different, even with the free, I still get 8 or 9, I wasn't aware they are blocking responses

dowmass
Jul 12, 2023, 10:47 AM
Karen culture, I mean the people who are on the look out for every car, every they dont recognize, or every person in their neighborhood they dont recognize and immediately start calling neighbors, police, posting on their social media boards................those people

My experience with DL has been different, even with the free, I still get 8 or 9, I wasn't aware they are blocking responses

Well, the Karen culture is scary. I?ve had folks tell me of Parking lots, where Cops wont come?. I think that?s misleading. I?ve seen people looking for a BJ say all kinds of misleading things.

As for DL, I could use their paid version only if they accept prepaid cards.. not sure they do.

dowmass
Jul 12, 2023, 11:14 AM
Well, the Karen culture is scary. I?ve had folks tell me of Parking lots, where Cops wont come?. I think that?s misleading. I?ve seen people looking for a BJ say all kinds of misleading things.

As for DL, I could use their paid version only if they accept prepaid cards.. not sure they do.

I noticed something on the DL site just now. Paid subscribers get up to ?unlimited views? of a page, unlike free subscribers. Essentially that means that page visibility is limited for free subscribers. On the top tier paid subscription, ($90 per year) the page Gets unlimited views. That means it gets seen by more people.

So really the free subscription has very little value. Anyone that is still getting sizable replies, is very lucky!!

Jazminedress
Jul 12, 2023, 6:50 PM
I noticed something on the DL site just now. Paid subscribers get up to ?unlimited views? of a page, unlike free subscribers. Essentially that means that page visibility is limited for free subscribers. On the top tier paid subscription, ($90 per year) the page Gets unlimited views. That means it gets seen by more people.

So really the free subscription has very little value. Anyone that is still getting sizable replies, is very lucky!!

interesting, didnt see that

bikurinpa
Jul 13, 2023, 4:46 AM

Looks like DL has gone to chit and not worth bothering with anymore! Soon it will be gone! People will give up on it

Jozyxt
Jul 13, 2023, 10:51 PM

That is funny. I haven't noticed any changes in what I see.

bikurinpa
Jul 17, 2023, 5:32 AM
I can now log in but cant do nothing, all I get now is only the page to pay for subscription, I click on manage my post, it bounces srtait to the subscribe page, so clicked the X in top R corner! Not paying for it, too many BSers on it.

Jazminedress
Jul 17, 2023, 9:27 AM
I can now log in but cant do nothing, all I get now is only the page to pay for subscription, I click on manage my post, it bounces srtait to the subscribe page, so clicked the X in top R corner! Not paying for it, too many BSers on it.

Happens some days, just wait until tomorrow, and it usually goes back to the regular free thing

Jozyxt
Jul 19, 2023, 9:09 PM
I haven't had any problems lately. But I have found that browsing Reddit is fun too. And you get a profile to look at for some idea of who he is.

BigAlNYC
Jul 25, 2023, 2:31 PM
Recently my ads on DL have gotten no replies at all. The only messages I get are if I have replied to an ad, and often not even that. I used to get plenty of replies to my ads, so my conclusion is that they are throttling responses, at least here in NYC. I also get the solicitation to pay much more often too now.

Midwest72
Jul 25, 2023, 8:07 PM
I've tried replying to ads but never get a response. I'm starting to think that those who post on doublelist either are spam or don't check there messages regularly. Seems like communication is an issue for many these days.

NakedFun38
Jul 25, 2023, 8:16 PM
I've tried replying to ads but never get a response. I'm starting to think that those who post on doublelist either are spam or don't check their messages regularly. Seems like communication is an issue for many these days.

i have the same experience

BiVers240
Jul 28, 2023, 2:54 PM
The one time I tried to set up a DL account the site was demanding my mobile phone number and won't accept a Google Voice number. Nope. Not playing that crap.