PDA

View Full Version : All talk...no show??

kv201
Nov 19, 2008, 12:52 AM
Is this site all talk but no show? It seems the adds are all the same people, emails go back and forth but everyone chickens out in the end. Anyone else notice this? What gives?:flag4:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 19, 2008, 2:12 AM
Why are you gauging all of us on the basis of a few people? There are a few members from here(this BiSex group) in NYC. Not all of them could be No Shows, ya know...Look them up and see if you find a lover, or a friend, but dont judge those that you dont know.
Cat.

Doggie_Wood
Nov 19, 2008, 7:52 AM
kv - cat is right. This is a comunity site where bi and like folks come to meet, talk, socialize and ....... if there is chemistry between the two, three, however many ..... a friendship, with or without benefits developes.

I joined in late 2006 ........... met a lot of great friends on here, several in person. I have also developed a lasting, open, long distance relationship with a very special person that I bumped into in the chat room in Dec 2006. I even caused her to spill her cyber-Latte. We finally met in person last January (year and a half later) over a weekend. It went great. We spent another fabulous 4 day weekend together last month and have planed a 10 day vacation for early next year. :smirlove2

So to answer your question, I have seen some folks do this. But meeting new people, especially bi-folk who aren't "out" yet or are a bit timid when it comes to actually going through with a meet. It happens sometimes.

May I suggest that after you and your hopefully new friend have e-mailed, that you exchange phone numbers and talk, then maybe meet at a coffee shop (just to talk - get to know each other a little) to kind of break the ice.

I'm sure you can take it from there.
Just don't rush the expectations. When you don't look as hard, situations and people come to you sooner. We, as humans, tend to look so hard for the forrest that we sometimes miss seeing the trees.

Anyway - just my two cents :2cents:

:doggie:

_Joe_
Nov 19, 2008, 8:12 AM
Don't categorize me as the everyone group here when we haven't even talked ><

And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

kv201
Nov 21, 2008, 12:19 AM
Thanx everyone for the feedback. To dogwood, your right i do get my expectations up, thanx for the reminder....Its that whole letting go thing!!

To Joe and Cat, allow me to correct myself as I was writing i had my local geographic area in mind i didn't clarify that, sorry. I'm sure there are alot on the whole site that do talk on the phone then meet etc.

Thanx again to everyone for your input.:flag1:

Doggie_Wood
Nov 24, 2008, 12:06 AM
Not a problem - glad to help anyone anytime.
Hope all goes better for you in the future kv.

:doggie:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 24, 2008, 1:25 AM
Sweetie, let me tell you a love story that occured because of this site: My best friend recommended this site to me a long time back, and I have made some FanTastic friends on here. I met one young man who was suppose to "Hook up" with my best friend, but I guess the Spirits had other ideas...
I invited him to a Party, where we met in person. We didnt click, but he met my sister by choice, and both of them fell in love instantly. In fact, they are to be married next July. :love1:

So you see? People Can meet from this site, and have a wonderful experiance from it.
I personally would be Thrilled if we could ever get a Bisexual.com Rendezvous accomplished someday. I would make every effort in the world to make it, and be able to meet some of the marvelous friends that I have made here.
Keep talking to folks hon. Find out if there are any from this site that are near you, then set up a lunch date sometime. You might just be surprised. I was when I discovered that there are people close to me that are members of this group. I intend on meeting them as soon as I can too. ;)
Have fun and make some new friends or lovers, Darlin.. :three:
Cat

kv201
Nov 25, 2008, 1:00 AM
Cheerokee mountain cat,

Thanks for the heart warming story, between you and dogwood, you guys raised my spirits. I am sure it's just a matter of time.

Thanks again and happy thanksgiving to everyone:bibounce: