PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so difficult to meet people

chucklevision1
Jul 27, 2009, 5:50 PM
Hi can I ask does anyone else have difficulty meeting people. I am a non pushy fella but seem to spend my time chatting and not much more. Everyone seems to want to be sucked off in cars woods etc. Its just frustrating and couples are so in demand its ridiculous.Can anyone give some pointers to help me out.

grmi1804
Jul 27, 2009, 9:11 PM
I can't agree more with you as I've been having the same problem on the other side of the pond here! :(
I think there are a lot of fakes or scared people out there. I've waited and played and chatted long enough for years that I am really ready to meet up with somebody. Sure it's a risk to take but I'd say that most encounters end up at least on a good, if not great, note.

biguy3113
Jul 27, 2009, 9:16 PM
I completely agree, I have been talking to a bunch of people and they all want the same thing, when we can we hook up and screw. Is it so wrong to want to get to know somebody before to jump into bed with them? Myself I have to feel a connection before sex happens male or female. I have never been one for one night stands but that seems to be all that is out there right now to fulfill my love of men. They won't get me, eventually I will find someone who is looking for what I am.

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 27, 2009, 9:19 PM
Patience, Cause you don't sound to be the type for random flings anyway.

I met my hubby online (Together for 10 years married for 9), we have met three playmates online, and I just had a date saturday with a woman I met from here. So it does and can happen, just be patient. Be yourself and don't settle for anything you aren't ready for or don't want. You also can try bars or clubs in your localish area.

curious7980
Jul 28, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hi can I ask does anyone else have difficulty meeting people. I am a non pushy fella but seem to spend my time chatting and not much more. Everyone seems to want to be sucked off in cars woods etc. Its just frustrating and couples are so in demand its ridiculous.Can anyone give some pointers to help me out.

i know the feeling, and im just looking for someone to chat with at the moment. it is ridiculous. :flag3:

Ayerea
Jul 28, 2009, 2:44 PM
My main problem with it is not that i cant find people. I tend to find people, but they are creepy men 30 years older then me who are super interested because im transsexual. Is it so hard for someone to not just see me as a sexual oddity and as a person who does have feelings and when i want to hook up or find a date i want to find someone who sees me as a girl whos a little different not someone whos just a weird person sexually. and a person somewhere around my age would be fantastic too.

Kermit Jagger
Jul 28, 2009, 6:41 PM
Thought I responded to this earlier. I apologize if I'm repeating myself.

Meeting the right people is difficult whether you are straight, bi, or gay/lesbian. I've been frustrated and angry often at my own stupidity or lack of nerve. But what's the alternative? Compromise? Give up being bi? Take vows of celibacy? Not very attractive. So as the saying goes, keep on keeping on.

Kermit

Alaskan Couple
Jul 28, 2009, 8:51 PM

Not sure what all you have tried in order to meet folks, and I don't even know what options are available to you where you are at, but thought i would offer my two cents;

Unless you are very open and out about your sexuality then it seems the only option will be "dating sites" on the web. I have found that for those to work, one need to be brutally honest and specific right up front in the ad as to who you are and what type of person you are seeking. Unfortunately, the majority of men on such sites are looking for casual one-time hook-ups. So what? They are not what you're looking for anyway, so eliminate them up font in your ad by using words to discourage their response, etc. Same goes with age, marital status, physical attributes and etc.

And as has been said above, it is hard to meet people we click with under any circumstances. Add in the issue of sex and it gets a bit harder. One must just have patience because the right person is out there.